Halfway to Halloween
Holy fright night, batman! Get ready for the baddest costume contest this side of October: The 5th annual Halfway to Halloween returns to Marquee Nightclub on Monday, June 10th with sounds by Vice. This year’s theme will be 90’s horror movie. $5,000 cash prize for best costume with a special silent disco in the Library. Purchase your tickets here.
This is the costume contest to end all costume contests. Register onsite at Marquee Nightclub on the night of the event from 10:30pm-12:30am. Registration includes completing a registration form packet and photos. Individual and group entries are permitted. Open to any guests at Marquee Nightclub, must be 21+. Contestants must be in the venue during any selection rounds and winner announcement to be eligible to win. Current TAO Group employees are not eligible to participate. Any selection rounds are contingent upon the number of entries submitted during the registration period and will take place during the event. One (1) final round with a selection of finalists will take place during the event and three (3) winners will be selected. The final round will take place immediately after the conclusion of the headlining DJ set. Crowd participation to help select winners.
- 1st Prize = $3,000
- 2nd Prize = $1,500
- 3rd Prize = $500
The Cosmopolitan has established a few simple guidelines to ensure the safety of guests and CoStars during costume contest weekends. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Masks or full face paint
- Simulated weapons (e.g., knives, swords, guns, handcuffs)
- Roller skates/blades and skateboards
- Certain sports equipment (e.g., hockey sticks, baseball bats, tennis rackets)
- Large bags or briefcases
- Costumes which may be racially, culturally or politically offensive
- Costumes overtly sexual in nature, including nudity, pasties or body paint
- Costumes realistically imitating law enforcement officers, EMS or military personnel
- In addition to the above listed restrictions, costumes of extreme height and/or width may be denied access or limited to certain areas of the property.